How to Contribute
master: Main development branch for new features
1.3.x: Maintenance branch for a certain release
document: Document branch
- Setup dev env
- Raise a JIRA, describe the feature/enhancement/bug
- Discuss with others in mailing list or issue comments, make sure the proposed changes fit in with what others are doing and have planned for the project
- Make changes in your fork
- No strict code style at the moment, but the general rule is keep consistent with existing files. E.g. use 4-space indent for java files.
- Sufficient unit test and integration test is a mandatory part of code change.
- Run tests to ensure your change is in good quality and does not break anything
- Generate patch and attach it to relative JIRA. Please use
git format-patch command to generate the patch, for a detail guide you can refer to How to create and apply a patch with Git
- Committer will review in terms of correctness, performance, design, coding style, test coverage
- Discuss and revise if necessary
- Finally committer merge code into target branch
- We use
git rebase to ensure the merged result is a streamline of commits.