The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.5.0.
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, original contributed from eBay Inc.
To download Apache Kylin v1.5.0 source code or binary package, please visit the download page.
This is a major release which brings more stable, robust and well management version, Apache Kylin community resolved about 207 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and few new features.
This version is not backward compatible. The format of cube and metadata has been refactored in order to get times of performance improvement. We recommend this version, but does not suggest upgrade from previous deployment directly. A clean and new deployment of this version is strongly recommended. If you have to upgrade from previous deployment, an upgrade guide will be provided by community later.
- KYLIN-875 - A plugin-able architecture, to allow alternative cube engine / storage engine / data source.
- KYLIN-1245 - A in-mem MR cubing algorithm, about 1.5 times faster (given sufficient memory) by comparing hundreds of jobs.
- KYLIN-942 - A better storage engine, makes query roughly 2 times faster (especially for slow queries) by comparing tens of thousands sqls.
- KYLIN-738 - Streaming cubing EXPERIMENTAL support, source from kafka, build cube in-mem at minutes interval.
- KYLIN-242 - Redesign aggregation group, support of 20+ dimensions made easy.
- KYLIN-976 - Custom aggregation types (or UDF in other words).
- KYLIN-943 - TopN aggregation type.
- KYLIN-1065 - ODBC compatible with Tableau 9.1, MS Excel, MS PowerBI.
- KYLIN-1219 - Kylin support SSO with Spring SAML.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!