Here are some domain terms we are using in Apache Kylin, please check them for your reference.
They are basic knowledge of Apache Kylin which also will help to well understand such concept, term, knowledge, theory and others about Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence for analytics.
- Data Warehouse: a data warehouse (DW or DWH), also known as an enterprise data warehouse (EDW), is a system used for reporting and data analysis, wikipedia
- Business Intelligence: Business intelligence (BI) is the set of techniques and tools for the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis purposes, wikipedia
- OLAP: OLAP is an acronym for online analytical processing
- OLAP Cube: an OLAP cube is an array of data understood in terms of its 0 or more dimensions, wikipedia
- Star Schema: the star schema consists of one or more fact tables referencing any number of dimension tables, wikipedia
- Fact Table: a Fact table consists of the measurements, metrics or facts of a business process, wikipedia
- Lookup Table: a lookup table is an array that replaces runtime computation with a simpler array indexing operation, wikipedia
- Dimension: A dimension is a structure that categorizes facts and measures in order to enable users to answer business questions. Commonly used dimensions are people, products, place and time, wikipedia
- Measure: a measure is a property on which calculations (e.g., sum, count, average, minimum, maximum) can be made, wikipedia
- Join: a SQL join clause combines records from two or more tables in a relational database, wikipedia