The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v2.3.0.
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Big Data supporting extremely large datasets.
This is a major release after 2.2.0. The new features include supporting SparkSQL in building “Intermediate Flat Hive Table”, new dropwizard-based metrics framework and the fantastic cube planner which could select the cost-effective cuboids to build based on cost-based algorithm.
Apache Kylin 2.3.0 resolved 250+ issues including bug fixes, improvements, and new features. All of the changes can be found in the release notes.
- Support SparkSql in Cube building step “Create Intermediate Flat Hive Table” KYLIN-3125
- Support SQL Server as data source KYLIN-3044
- Support user/group and role authentication for LDAP KYLIN-2960
- New metric framework based on dropwizard KYLIN-2776
- Introduce cube planner able to select cost-effective cuboids to be built by cost-based algorithms KYLIN-2727 Document
- Introduce a dashboard for showing kylin service related metrics, like query count, query latency, job count, etc KYLIN-2726 Document
- Support volatile range for segments auto merge KYLIN-1892
To download Apache Kylin v2.3.0 source code or binary package, visit the download page.
Follow the upgrade guide.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!