The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the v2.0.0 beta package is ready for download and test.
- Download link: http://kylin.apache.org/download/
- Source code: https://github.com/apache/kylin/tree/kylin-2.0.0-beta
It has been more than 2 month since the v1.6.0 release. The community has been working hard to deliver some long wanted features, hoping to move Apache Kylin to the next level.
- Support snowflake data model (KYLIN-1875)
- Support TPC-H queries (KYLIN-2467)
- Spark cubing engine (KYLIN-2331)
- Job engine HA (KYLIN-2006)
- Percentile measure (KYLIN-2396)
- Cloud tested (KYLIN-2351)
You are very welcome to give the v2.0.0 beta a try, and please do send feedbacks to email@example.com.
The v2.0.0 beta requires a refresh install at the moment. It cannot be upgraded from v1.6.0 due to the incompatible metadata. However the underlying cube is backward compatible. We are working on an upgrade tool to transform the metadata, so that a smooth upgrade will be possible.
Run TPC-H Benchmark
Steps to run TPC-H benchmark on Apache Kylin can be found here: https://github.com/Kyligence/kylin-tpch
Spark Cubing Engine
Apache Kylin v2.0.0 introduced a new cubing engine based on Apache Spark that can be selected to replace the original MR engine. Initial tests showed that the spark engine could cut the build time to 50% in most cases.
To enable the Spark cubing engine, check this tutorial.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!