The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.6.0.
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.
This is a major release after 1.5.4, with the reliable and scalable support for using Apache Kafka as data source; this enables user to build cubes directly from streaming data (without loading to Apache Hive), reducing the data latency from days/hours to minutes.
Apache Kylin 1.6.0 resolved 102 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and new features. All of the changes can be found in the release notes.
- Scalable streaming cubing KYLIN-1726
- TopN counter merge performance improvement KYLIN-1917
- Support Embedded Structure JSON Message KYLIN-1919
- More robust approach to hive schema changes KYLIN-2012
- TimedJsonStreamParser should support other time format KYLIN-2054
- Add an encoder for Boolean type KYLIN-2055
- Allowe concurrent build/refresh/merge KYLIN-2070
- Support to change streaming configuration KYLIN-2082
To download Apache Kylin v1.6.0 source code or binary package, visit the download page.
Follow the upgrade guide.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!