The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.5.3.
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, original contributed from eBay Inc.
To download Apache Kylin v1.5.3 source code or binary package:
please visit the download page.
This is a major release which brings more stable, robust and well management version, Apache Kylin community resolved about 84 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and few new features.
- A better way to check hadoop job status KYLIN-1319
- Global (and more scalable) dictionary KYLIN-1705
- More stable and functional precise count distinct implements after KYLIN-1186 KYLIN-1379
- Improve performance of MRv2 engine by making each mapper handles a configured number of records KYLIN-1656
- Distribute source data by certain columns when creating flat table KYLIN-1677
- Allow cube to override MR job configuration by properties KYLIN-1706
- Allow non-admin user to edit ‘Advenced Setting’ step in CubeDesigner KYLIN-1731
- Calculate all 0 (except mandatory) cuboids KYLIN-1747
- Allow mandatory only cuboid KYLIN-1749
- Couldn’t use View as Lookup when join type is “inner” KYLIN-1789
- Exception inside coprocessor should report back to the query thread KYLIN-1645
- minimize dependencies of JDBC driver KYLIN-1846
- TopN measure support non-dictionary encoding KYLIN-1478
Follow the upgrade guide.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!