The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.2, the first release after graduation.
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, original contributed from eBay Inc.
To download Apache Kylin v1.2 source code or binary package:
please visit the download page.
This is a major release which brings more stable, robust and well management version, Apache Kylin community resolved about 44 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and few new features.
Kylin Core Improvement
- Support Excel, Power BI and Tableau 9.1 KYLIN-596,KYLIN-1065
- Improve small file management on HDFS KYLIN-702
- Env shell script enhance for Hive HCatalog KYLIN-1081, KYLIN-1119
- Dimenion column supports high cardinality over 10 million KYLIN-1099
- Enhance job page loading performance KYLIN-1154
- Make memory budget per query configurable KYLIN-1190
Main Bug Fixes
- Save cube issue in edit model KYLIN-1168
- Couldn’t change a cube’s name after it be created KYLIN-693
- Cube list missing under project KYLIN-930
- Error when join two sub-query KYLIN-1033
- Filter like (A or false) yields wrong result KYLIN-1039
- Support get MapReduce Job status for ResourceManager HA Env KYLIN-1067
- Can not send email caused by Build Base Cuboid Data step failed KYLIN-1106
- ResourceTool download/upload does not work in binary package KYLIN-1121
- Kylin’s sample cube “kylin_sales_cube” couldn’t be saved KYLIN-1140
- Unit test with minicluster doesn’t work on 1.x KYLIN-1155
- Can’t parse DateFormat like ‘YYYYMMDD’ correctly in query KYLIN-1216
We recommend to upgrade to this version for better performance, stability and bug fixes.
Also to keep up to date with community with latest features and supports.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!