The Apache Kylin community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.1 (incubating).
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, original contributed from eBay Inc.
To download Apache Kylin v1.1 (incubating) source code or binary package:
please visit the download page.
This is a major release which brings more stable, robust and well management version, Apache Kylin community resolved about 56 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and few new features.
Kylin Core Improvement
- Support data retention by cube KYLIN-906
- Upgraded Apache Calcite to 1.4 for more bug fixes and SQL functions KYLIN-1047
- Cleanup intermediate Hive data after cube build KYLIN-589
- Continue cube job when Hive return empty resultset KYLIN-772
- Support setting for HBase compression with Snappy or GZip KYLIN-956
- Support load data to separated HBase cluster KYLIN-957
- Introduced Roaring bitmaps for InvertedIndex, contributed by Daniel Lemire KYLIN-1034
Main Bug Fixes
- Slowness with many IN() values KYLIN-740
- Web UI “Jobs” issue KYLIN-950
- Query cache is not evicted when metadata changed KYLIN-771
- Select * from fact not work KYLIN-847
- Float can’t be cast to Double when execute SQL KYLIN-918
- Update cube data model may fail and leave metadata in inconsistent state KYLIN-958
- SQL keyword “offset” bug KYLIN-983
- AVG not work KYLIN-985
- Dictionary with ‘’ value cause cube merge fail KYLIN-1004
We recommend to upgrade to this version from v0.7.x and v1.0 for better performance, stability and bug fixes.
Also to keep up to date with community with latest features and supports.
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!