The Apache Kylin team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kylin v1.0 (incubating). Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.
To download Apache Kylin v1.0 (incubating) visit the download page.
This is a major release which brings more stable, robust and well management version, Apache Kylin team resolved about 47 issues including bug fixes, improvements, and few new features.
Kylin Core Improvement
- Dynamic Data Model has been added to supporting adding or removing column in data model without rebuild cube from the beginning KYLIN-867
- Upgraded Apache Calcite to 1.3 for more bug fixes and new SQL functions KYLIN-881
- Cleanup job enhanced to make sure there’s no garbage files left in OS and HDFS/HBase after job build KYLIN-926
- Added setting option for Hive intermediate tables created by Kylin KYLIN-883
- HBase coprocessor enhanced to imrpove query performance KYLIN-857
- Kylin System Dashboard for usage, storage, performance KYLIN-792
Main Bug Fixes
- Can’t get source record size, especially when using other Hadoop distribution rather than HDP, like Cloudera and MapR KYLIN-404
- Front-end cache cleanup issue KYLIN-757
- Useless hive intermediate tables and HBase tables will be dropped after cube build/merge KYLIN-805
- Support More than one HDFS files of lookup table, especially for large lookup table KYLIN-889
- JDBC driver bug fixes KYLIN-945, KYLIN-626
- UI Bug fixes KYLIN-946, KYLIN-935
Apache Zeppelin is a web-based notebook that enables interactive data analytics. The Apache Kylin team has contributed Kylin Interpreter which enables Zeppelin interaction with Kylin from notebook using ANSI SQL, this interpreter could be found from Zeppelin master code repo here.
We recommend to upgrade to this version from v0.7.x or even more early version for better performance, stablility and clear one (most of the intermediate files will be cleaned up automatically). Also to keep up to date with community with latest features and supports.
Any issue or question during upgrade, please send to Apache Kylin dev mailing list: email@example.com
Great thanks to everyone who contributed!